The latest challenge for our data recovery process came from a small company whose computer had died, taking with it all his invoices etc. this turned out to be a very easy rescue and after 30 minutes or so the outlook is promising but the proof is in the final restoration. Thankfully we wont need to call on St. Jude (patron saint of hopeless cases) on this one as we can tell after a couple of hours just how successful we will be.
If you are suffering from data loss, or your computer / Laptop isn’t running right or unexpectedly shutting down and you can’t access your data, here are a few steps to follow to ensure the highest chance of a successful recovery..
Turn off your computer as continued operation can cause greater damage
- Do not restart the computer:- when a hard drive is in a distressed state, any extra actions can cause more damage to your data.
- Do not install or re-install any software or hardware.
- Do not shake, disassemble, or attempt to clean a damaged drive.
- Do not use a file recovery or other data recovery software to repair a damaged drive.
- Do not try to clean or dry a wet drive
- Do not try to operate a visibly damaged device.
We can usually recover valuable business data or irreplaceable personal files, lost documents, spread sheets, presentations, database files, graphics, photos, music files or virtually any other type of file we put our specialist knowledge and cutting-edge technology to work on, and if we can’t then we know someone who can.