We’ve been working on a 2Tb external hard drive attempting to recover a ladies photographic collection covering quite a few years as her family has grown up and all manner of other personal items. The outcome is promising but the proof of the pudding is in the final restoration. Thankfully we wont need to call on St. Jude (patron saint of hopeless cases) on this one as we can tell after a couple of hours just how successful we will be.
If you are suffering from data loss, or your computer / Laptop isn’t running right or unexpectedly shutting down and you can’t access your data, here are a few steps to follow to ensure the highest chance of a successful recovery..
Turn off your computer as continued operation can cause greater damage
- Do not restart the computer:- when a hard drive is in a distressed state, any extra actions can cause more damage
- Do not install or re-install any software or hardware
- Do not shake, disassemble, or attempt to clean a damaged drive
- Do not use a file recovery or other data recovery software to repair a damaged drive
- Do not try to clean or dry a wet drive
- Do not try to operate a visibly damaged device.
We can usually recover valuable business data or irreplaceable personal files, lost documents, spread sheets, presentations, database files, graphics, photos, music files or virtually any other type of file we put our specialist knowledge and cutting-edge technology to work on, and if not we know someone who can.